Monday 17 October 2011

Ruby!!!!!!!

I have to say i am so enjoying being back here, having the freedom to play with pics & photos & being able to see when my favourite blogs update, i'm pretty addicted to certain blogs, to the beautiful work that comes from these women, a real talented bunch!!!
Received some pretty amazing things in the post this week, first was a book by Helen Philips, & yes her Blog is most definitely one of my favourites. 


The book is packed full of the loveliest ideas for homemade gifts, ideal at this time of the year......you know with CHRISTMAS coming up in just under ten weeks.....Yayyyyyy, can't wait, love christmas way too much!!
Here's a wee peek at some of the treasures inside...............


I just can't love this book enough, just to look through is a joy in itself, will post when i make something from it.  Next up was a much desired fabric parcel that arrived this morning, i knew what was in it before i opened it & oh boy was i giddy, real childishly silly, jumping up & down excited, quite shocking really.........
Anyway it contained my order from Fabric Shack of Bonnie & Camille's latest fabric collection Ruby.  I ordered four charm packs, which are pre cut five inch squares, all ready to sew heh heh, absolutely noooooo cutting out. So i sense another quilt coming!!! Here have a look



Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, i am in love, can't wait to get my teeth in to these, well you know what i mean, my sewing machine, pins thread etc, etc, etc
Can you just imagine the delight of color when these squares are put together, & i'll bet right now one of my 4 lil girls will come & beg me to let them have it. What do you think will i be able to stand firm huh!!!! 
Do i ever! Mind you they get such pleasure from the things I make for them its always worth it.


Little preview of a bag order i got from another much loved blog
Hope she will like it!!!!!


Some progress on my blanket that i'm loving so much, & no, no, no way am i going to give it away!!!
The little basket there was a thrift shop find, our church thrift shop to be precise, which has really taken off. We hold it once a week every friday & all the proceeds go to the mexican orphanage my daughter Sophie worked in. Ohhh do people love a bargain or what & i can't believe the stuff that people drop in to us to sell. Honestly we have actually received Calvin Klein, Ferretti, John Rocha, its unreal. There's constantly new bags of clothes, shoes, household items appearing at the door, thank God, its thriving.

By the way do you like my photo layouts, can fit in so many more pics. Bethany is teaching me how to do them, in exchange for a costume she wants made, smart gal, she does press a hard bargain!!!! Guess thats my fault, its kind of genetic, my greatgrandmother was an awful rogue for it, & i wont even go in to my grandmother, i spent many an embarrassing shopping spree with her, no price was sacred & it didn't matter what shop we were in!!!
Have to giggle now though when i think about them, priceless!!!

Anyway i guess i'll sign off now & catch up on some blogs
Will leave you with some flowers i had around the house this week
And i must show you next time the color of my acer tree out back, it is so stunning right now, the leaves are an almost rich, deep pink, so lovely!!!


Have a lovely evening
Lots of love Karen xxxxxxxxx



17 comments:

  1. love the material, now that it is getting cooler here I may be able to get some sewing done,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got Helen's book AND Ruby at the same time!! I bet every single thing in Helen's book will be ADORABLE made up in Ruby. You are going to have so much fun with this fabric! I can't wait to order more!
    Your blanket is looking lovely...
    Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new bloggy spot is looking fab, your update popped right up on my blog roll! Don't you just love that Ruby! Seriously you could make a stinkin' dog bed out of it and it would be beautiful! Of course you wouldn't want to waste such prettyness on that. I just bought the "Swoon" quilt pattern from Camille, can't wait till my other projects are done so I can start it. Thanks for the Helen Philips link, I'm going to pop over there next! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much yumminess in one post! I love Helen Phillips, too. I don't have her book but you make it look really tempting. I jsut order one charm pack of Ruby. It hasn't arrived yet but I keep checking the mail. I'm following you here now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just about fell off my chair seeing all that stunning fabric!! Gorgeous! Your blanket is just amazing hon - I'm so pleased you're going to keep this one. Are you willing to teach us how to do those flowery squares because I'll be darned if I can work them out!! Have a fab week hon. L x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that lovely book but havent made anything yet. Cant wait to see your makes! I spend more time looking at lovely blogs and books than actually making anything!
    Your Ruby packs are yummy!
    Keep enjoying your blanket making!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi karen, lovely to have found your pretty blog, thanks for your comments too! Helen's book looks so beautiful, I am a big fan of her work and blog too - looking forward to seeing what you make! Also loving your new fabrics, I think I would be jumping up and down too if they landed on my doormat! I really want to make a quilt sometime and your new fabrics are just lovely. Anyway, thanks again for dropping by my blog, Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piccies Karen.The crochet blanket is coming along lovely ,it looks so pretty. The new fabric colours are amazing,I cant wait to see what you make with them.hope you have a lovely week,juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh oh oh is that mine??? If it is then I love it. Lovely post. Lots of colourful goodness. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely colourful post, Karen! Thank you so much for mentioning my book and showing those great photos! The ruby fabric is sooo gorgeous (I am having some too!)and I can't wait to see what you make...I just know it will be wonderful! Love your super-pretty blanket, and the sweet new bag for a lucky lady....such a happy, creative post.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O That bag is stunning! What a looker! :D
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely blog post Karen!
    I love Helen's work too...always recognisable in its prettiness and the beautiful little details...it is always a pleasure to visit..
    Your fabrics are so delicious..I am going to take a look at the website although I must be good and not start another project just yet!!..I can see all your girls wishing for this lovely..
    Your crochet is so beautiful...I only wish you lived around the corner and maybe I could learn from you!..Lovely to hear too about the success of your church thrift shop...raising money for such a very worthy cause!..
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book looks very inspirational i love christmas and your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Karen-
    You have been busy! I wish we were sitting together creating a few bits for Christmas. Sewing and crafting hasn't been on the top of my list - more like unpacking and washing! But, you inspire me to hurry up and get to the fun stuff. LOVE the crocheted roses. So pretty.
    Hugs to your 4 Lil' Girls.
    Carin xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. 10 weeks till Christmas!!! Oh my goodness. Now I'm feeling way behind! Loving your blanket. Granny squares are my absolute favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post. I had only just registered that I hadn't seen anything from you for a while but now have your new blog back on my list! that blanket is very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karen, that Ruby material is gorgeous.....as is the bag you are making.......and your blanket, ohhh such loveliness today :)
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete