Thursday 9 February 2012

Trying out some patchy pieces

Hi there do you feel Spring in the air......I wish!!!!
Its on my kitchen window sill though, sweet lovely daffodils.
And to make it seem even more Spring like
Pretty pinwheels & experimenting with pieces


I'm in the "process" of putting together a pinwheel quilt from my ruby charm packs,
18 down, 7 to go then its sew, sew, sew & sandwich & quilt & bind & ........phew!!!!!
Its a gettin there though, I reckon it'll be so springy lookin :D
Also another lil cushion in there, do you see it, the tiny triangle 
piecing, i've always been pretty basic with my quilting, so these are a bit of a challenge, 
nice one though!!!!

Another notebook holder...



Love these, so cute & usable.....best of both worlds.
Oh my I'm off Sophie has just put a plate of home made fudge in front of me.......
I'm Ruined.....Finished.......expanding by the mouthful!!!!
Lots of love Karen xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh! Everything is so pretty. Topped off with a plate of fudge. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog - and you know what - I am hooked! You make such beautiful things and your photographs are lovely. I am a new follower. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some 'Just call me Ruby' - you lucky girl. Loving your teeny, tiny triangles!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a spring feel to these, made me feel warmer just looking at them! Just off to beat up a teenager who has just dumped a cat on my keyboard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty notebook cover you've made, it's gorgeous. Did someone say fudge? I'm on my way! :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmmm fudge!!!! Ruby looks fabulous with daffodils!! I am working on a Ruby quilt right now and the colors and prints cheer me right up! And the notebook holders are adorable! Happy sewing! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Ruby fabrics, and your quilt is looking great! I'm appreciating the pictures of daffodils too and wishing that spring would hurry up and arrive - except when I opened the curtains this morning, we have snow :( So looks like it may be a while yet! Hope you enjoyed the fudge :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Karen!...Your pretty photographs are just the tonic for me today when it is so cold outside..Your notebook..ooh I love it.. and your quilt is coming along beautifully..some of my most favourite colours too!
    Have a great weekend and enjoy your homemade fudge..it's good for the soul!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete